Sunday, December 7, 2008

A review: My Twinn Dolls

As promised, this blog (and the website at www.creativegiftgiver.com) will occasionally include reviews of great gift items. Today I would like to tell you about the My Twinn Dolls.

Like many families, we will be cutting back on gifts this Christmas. My husband and I decided to get one main gift for each child -- something they can keep and cherish. For our daughter, we have purchased a My Twinn Doll.

My Twinn dolls are personalized to look just like the child who receives them. Same color hair and eyes, same hair style, same complexion, etc. They will even add birthmarks, freckles and other customized features.

We just received my daughter's doll, and I was pleased with the likeness to my daughter. Granted, they can't make the doll to look exactly like her, but it does bear an uncanny resemblance to her. I think I even seem my daughter's mischievous glint in the doll's eyes!

A few specifics about the doll: It is 23" tall and has 18 points of poseability for more lifelike movement. In other words, it can be posed in many ways; it can even do the splits! The doll is made with high-quality vinyl using natural-looking skin tones, eye color and hairstyles. The vinyl can be cleaned with a warm washcloth or baby wipe. Each doll is crafted to the specifications you indicate on the order form on their website.

The My Twinn website also sells matching doll/girl outfits and pajamas, doll accessories, doll-sized furniture and more. Some of this can get a bit pricey, but I've found some deals on Ebay. I will probably get out my sewing machine and do a bit of sewing, too. (The sewing machine is begging me to use it again!)

The dolls are not inexpensive, but they are made very well and considered heirloom quality. Yet they are durable enough to be played with on a daily basis by a little girl.

I decided to go with a My Twinn doll (instead of the better known "American Girl" dolls) for several reasons. I thought it would be nice for my daughter to have a doll that looked like her. In addition, throughout the years, I plan to write some stories for my daughter, featuring her doll in various adventures. I also thought that the stories behind the American Girl dolls would be a bit too complex for a 6-year-old to understand.

If you would like more information on My Twinn dolls, check out their website by clicking on this link:

Mytwinn.com (eToys Direct, Inc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...